- Rids the body of heavy metals – Cilantro has been shown to bind to toxic metals (arsenic, cadmium, aluminum, lead, mercury, etc.), loosening them from tissue and facilitating their elimination from the body.
- Protects against oxidative stress – Helps products against the damage caused by free radicals in the body.
- Reduces Anxiety – This herb has a natural calming effect on nerves and also improves sleep quality due to is natural sedative properties. A recent study shows that high levels of cilantro extract produced the same anti-anxiety effects as popular prescription drugs, without all of the risks and side effects!
- Lowers blood sugar levels – Proven to lower blood sugar levels. Simply add a few chopped leaves to your salad, and you’ll get an extra boost of nutrition.
- Supports heart health – Recent research has shown that cilantro could help promote heart by reducing several risk factors for heart disease.
- Prevents urinary tract infections – Cilantro is a natural antibacterial agent, and has shown to help prevent and resolve urinary tract infections.
Great for salsa!
Handful of freshly grown cilantro (more or less to taste)
3 large tomatoes or 5 Roma tomatoes
1/2 large white onion
2 jalapeno peppers (or hot peppers of your choice)
1/8 cup lime juice (you can add more if you wish)
Salt (to taste, start with 1/8 tsp)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp turmeric
Variations: use/add lemon juice, add avocado (don’t forget to keep the seed in the salsa jar), add a sprinkle of cumin or any of your favorite spices.
In a large blender, blend the tomatoes and onion for a short period, just enough to chop them up. This helps the tomatoes become soft and juicy, so liquid will be at the bottom of the blender, allowing for all ingredients to blend well.
Add peppers, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, turmeric and cilantro. Pulse on low until ingredients are blended well.