Golden Acre cabbage is a variety of cabbage that is known for its small, dense, round heads and light green color. It is a cool-season vegetable that is a great source of vitamin C and other nutrients, and it can be eaten cooked or raw. Golden Acre cabbage is known for its sweet and mild flavor, and it is perfect for pickling, sauerkraut and coleslaw. It is also well-known for its storage capabilities, it can last for several months after being harvested if stored properly.
Growing Golden Acre cabbage is a great way to enjoy a delicious and nutritious winter vegetable. This cool-season crop is easy to grow from seed, and with the right care and attention, it can thrive in most gardens. Here are some instructions on how to grow Golden Acre cabbage:
- Choose a location that gets full sun and has well-drained soil.
- Sow seeds in late spring or early summer, about 1/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart, in rows 18-24 inches apart.
- Keep the soil consistently moist and well-watered during the growing season.
- Fertilize the soil with a balanced fertilizer according to the package instructions.
- Thin out seedlings to about 18-24 inches apart when they are large enough to handle.
- Keep an eye out for pests and diseases and take action immediately if you notice any issues.
- The cabbage heads will be ready to harvest in late fall or early winter, when they are firm and tightly packed.
By following these instructions, you can successfully grow Golden Acre cabbage in your own garden. Not only it’s a delicious and healthy vegetable, but it is also easy to grow and can be a great addition to your winter meals. It also stores well, so you can enjoy it for several months after being harvested if stored properly.