Introducing our premium Red Acre Cabbage seeds, perfect for adding a pop of color and nutrition to your home garden. These heirloom seeds are non-GMO, easy to grow and produce small, dense, round heads with a deep red color. The red color is not only beautiful but also a good indication of high levels of antioxidants. The sweet and mild flavor of Red Acre cabbage makes it perfect for pickling, sauerkraut and coleslaw. It’s a cool-season crop that can be planted in late summer or early fall for a winter harvest. Each pack contains a generous amount of seeds, enough to plant a large area of your garden or to share with a gardening friend. Add some color and nutrition to your meals with fresh Red Acre cabbage from your own garden!
Here are the steps for growing Red Acre cabbage:
- Choose a location that gets full sun and has well-drained soil.
- Sow seeds in late summer to early fall, about 1/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart, in rows 18-24 inches apart.
- Keep the soil consistently moist and well-watered during the growing season.
- Fertilize the soil with a balanced fertilizer according to the package instructions.
- Thin out seedlings to about 18-24 inches apart when they are large enough to handle.
- Keep an eye out for pests and diseases and take action immediately if you notice any issues.
- The cabbage heads will be ready to harvest in late fall or early winter, when they are firm and tightly packed.
By following these instructions, you can successfully grow Red Acre cabbage in your own garden. Not only it’s a delicious and healthy vegetable, but it is also easy to grow and can be a great addition to your winter meals.